Saturday, October 13, 2012

Chubby sticks, swatches and review


Hi!

Let's get right into it,
the first three are from Kiko Milano cosmetics that you know I really love already and from Clinique which is a bit more high end.

The two from Kiko are 01 Peach coral and 06 Nude Rose and the Clinique one is 14 Curvy Candy.

The Clinique Chubby stick is a moisturizing lip colour balm. It comes in 16 colours that include 8 new colours.


Claims from Clinique Website: Super-nourishing balm is loaded with mango and shea butters. Just what dry, delicate lips need to feel comfortably soft and smooth. Sixteen natural-looking lip tints in all, each with a subtle sheen.

How to use:Apply directly to lips. For subtle definition outline lips first, then fill in with natural-looking colour. Never needs sharpening: simply swivel up to reveal more lip colour balm.






The Kiko Milano cosmetics one is a Lavish Lips Creamy Lipgloss and comes in 6 different colours.


Claims from Kiko Cosmetics Milano Website:Wet look lip gloss pencil of the  "Lavish Oriental" limited edition collection.Pure concentrated shine in a soft, smooth lead to make up your lips in a few gestures, with an ultra-glossy result as simple as it is effective.Its soft gel consistency glides on your lips like a crayon giving a sensation of moisturizing smoothness and never-ending comfort.

How to use:Thanks to its innovative packaging, Lavish Lips Creamy Lipgloss is always ready to use: just rotate the pencil base to bring up the lead, no sharpening required.
Available in 6 trendy shades.
Hypoallergenic product = formulated to ensure minimum instance of allergic reactions.







I obviously used this one much more than the two others, it actually stays in whatever purse I'm carrying, the packaging is really handy for quick touch ups wherever you are.
Here are the swatches of all three on my wrist:
From left to right: 06 Nude Rose, 01 Peach Coral and 14 Curvy Candy. I swiped them in a sort of oval shape. They were applied on my bare skin without any primer or anything.
Here is a closeup of all three colours in the same order as above.
What I like about all three of them:
I think that the finish that it gives on the lips is the same as when you apply lipstick with some clear gloss on top, minus the effort of course, what's not to like? =)
They are very portable and easy to use even without a mirror there's little to no chance of messing up. They are very moisturizing and not sticky at all. All three have the exact same consistency and last as long (on me, about 3 to 4 hours if I don't eat). To intensify the colour and also to make it last even longer I use a lip pencil in the same colour or a shade darker all over my lips and then apply this.

What I don't like:
if applied heavily they will make your lips look greasy and sticky, and the only other drawback would be pricewise for the Clinique one. The Clinique Chubby Stick retails at 19€ at Sephora and the Kiko Lipgloss is at 6.90€ in stores and on the Kiko website. I could get two of the Kiko one for less than what I paid for the Clinique one.I guess sometimes you do pay for the brand...

Would I be repurchasing or not and why:
I really love these chubby sticks and will deffinitely be repurchasing some from the Kiko brand as I find them identical to the Clinique one. There's more colour choice for the Clinique one but I'm not much of a lip product user anyway so I guess I'd rather splurge on an eyeshadow palette or something like that.

Do any of you own any of these? Or any chubby sticks from other brands? I can't wait to try the one from Revlon too.

I hope this review was helpful and that it answered any questions that you may have had about these products.Thanks for reading.

See you all soon for another product review and what I'm wearing on my nails. Until then, take care!
See you! Bye!



Sonam


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts, it’s very much appreciated!
Don’t hesitate to post suggestions here and also the links to your own blogs so that I can come visit ^^ and share the love <3
Be sure to check back again, because I’ll respond to your comments as soon as I can.
All SPAM will be deleted. Attacks on myself or other mean and unhelpful comments will be deleted too.
See you! Bye!