Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Makeover!

Hi all! 

So as the blog title says this post will be about a makeover, nothing dramatic, but just something different. My model was Aurélie (this is a video presentation of her work that she did recently), a photographer from Lyon that I've worked with on several occasions, first as a makeup artist and also as a model.
But before all that, I'd like to say that I'm really sorry for disappearing for so long (more than two months) but I had a hard time getting inspired and I've been doing pretty much the same makeup look on repeat anytime I need to look presentable (job interviews).
This isn't my best time of the year, but I'll do my best not to go into hibernation again.


Comme l'indique le titre du blog ,ce post sera juste un "makeover", rien de dramatique, mais juste quelque chose de différent. Mon modèle était Aurélie (il s'agit d'une vidéo de présentation de son travail qu'elle a fait récemment), une photographe de Lyon avec qui j'ai travaillé à plusieurs occasions, d'abord en tant que maquilleuse et aussi comme modèle.
Mais avant tout cela, je tiens à dire que je suis vraiment désolée d'avoir disparu pendant si longtemps (plus de deux mois), mais j'étais à court d'inspiration  et j'ai fait à peu près le même maquillage à répétition à chaque fois que j'avais  besoin d'avoir l'air présentable (entretiens d'embauche et autre).
Ce n'est pas mon meilleur moment de l'année, mais je vais faire de mon mieux pour ne pas entrer en hibernation à nouveau.
So lets get to the makeover!
Donc passons au "makeover"!

Here's Aurélie before, fresh faced and smiling =) 
Voici Aurélie avant, sans maquillage et avec le sourire =)

Here I used/ produits utilisés: Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
Une Beauty cream foundation 
Garnier Pure Active Concealer Roll-on
Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat

Then I applied: ELF Mineral Eyelid primer, and Eyeshadows from my Kate Gradical Eyes Palette (from this post) Then I applied some L'Oréal Liner Intense in Black very close to the lash line and quite far to the sides to make her eyes appear slightly larger.

Puis j'ai appliqué: la base pour fard à Paupière ELF Mineral Eyelid Primer, et j'ai utilisé tous les fards de ma palette Kate Gradical Eyes (de ce post). Ensuite j'ai mis du Liner intense de L'Oréal Noir très près des cils et je l'ai aussi étiré un peu plus que d'habitude sur les coins externes pour agrandir le regard.
I forgot to take a picture of it but after this step, I also applied some Benefit They're Real Mascara in black and some purple pencil liner from Clinique on the lower lashline, I added some false lashes (cut in half) and then applied an extra coat of mascara on top of the lashes this time.

J'ai oublié de prendre une photo mais juste après cette étape, j'ai aussi mis un peu de mascara de Benefit They're Real et un peu de crayon liner violet Clinique sur l'interieur de la paupière, j'ai aussi ajouté des faux cils (coupés en deux) et ensuite j'ai mis une autre couche de mascara sur le dessus des cils cette fois-çi.


This is the finished look, you can see the purple eyeliner, which is what I was going for because they really make brown eyes stand out.

Voici le maquillage une fois qu'on a terminé, on voit bien le liner violet, c'est l'effet que je recherchais car le violet fait bien ressortir les yeux marrons.

 On her likps we used some Avène lip balm, a Cargo peach gloss and then topped it off with some L'Oréal gold lip pencil and added another coat of gloss for a shiny yet natural looking finish.

Sur ses lèvres, on a utilisé du baume à lèvres Avène, un gloss couleur pèche de Cargo et aussi un crayon contour des lèvres doré de L'oréal puis une autre couche de gloss pour un fini brillant mais naturel.
I also took a photo with flash to see how it would look but I think I prefer it without. On this photo you can see ho smooth her skin looks with the foundation though. I don't remember using any bronzing powder but we did use some blush from the Kiko Brand in soft Coral. 
Thanks to Aurélie for lending me her face for a few hours, this was a lot of fun!

J'ai aussi pris une photo avec le flash pour voir ce que ça donnerait mais je pense que c'est mieux sans le flash. Mais sur cette photo on peut bien voir à quel point ce fond de teint donne un fini lisse à la peau. Je ne me souviens pas d'avoir utilisé une poudre bronzante mais on a bien utilisé un blush Kiko de la couleur Soft Coral.
Merçi beaucoup à Aurélie de m'avoir prété/confié son visage pendant quelques heures, c'était vraiment amusant!

Thanks for reading.

See you! Bye!

Sonam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts, it’s very much appreciated!
Don’t hesitate to post suggestions here and also the links to your own blogs so that I can come visit ^^ and share the love <3
Be sure to check back again, because I’ll respond to your comments as soon as I can.
All SPAM will be deleted. Attacks on myself or other mean and unhelpful comments will be deleted too.
See you! Bye!